Hello Foodies..! Today I have the recipe of “Tomato Rice” and I have made special raita with it that gives very good taste with rice. These are very tasty and gets ready easily. As we are making “Tomato Rice” so we have to add tomatoes in a good quantity. The combination of rice and raita is a perfect combo and you will love the taste together. You can eat these rice with chutney also.
Give a try to the recipe.. So friends, Welcome to my kitchen and let’s start the recipe..
INGREDIENTS WE NEED..
FOR TOMATO RICE:
- Rice (Two Bowls)
- Tomatoes (Six Medium Size)
- Desi Ghee (One Spoon)
- Spices (Two Dry Red Chillies, One Cinnamon Stick, Four to Five Cloves, One Spoon Cumin Seeds, One Spoon Turmeric Powder, Red Chilli Powder, One Spoon Dry Fenugreek Leaves, Salt- As per taste, Garam Masala- One Spoon)
- Chana Dal (One Spoon)
- Urad Dal (One Spoon)
- Coriander Leaves
- Ginger And Green Chilli Paste (Two Spoon)
- Churned Curd
- Green Chilli
- Coriander Leaves
- Spices (Red Chilli Powder- 1/4th Spoon, Cumin Seeds Powder- Half Spoon, Black Salt- 1/4th Spoon, Salt- 1/4th Spoon)
TOMATO RICE RECIPE…
- Firstly take two bowls of rice and soak them in water for one hour and then remove the water from the rice.
- Keep a pressure cooker on gas and pour one spoon of desi ghee in it and let it heat.
- When ghee gets heated then add two dry red chillies, one cinnamon stick, four to five cloves, one spoon of cumin seeds, one spoon of chana dal and one spoon of urad dal. Roast all of them nicely.
- When they gets roasted then add one spoon of turmeric powder, red chilli powder, one spoon of dry fenugreek leaves and then coriander leaves.
- Mix them well and then add six medium sized chopped tomatoes. Cut the tomatoes in big pieces. Let them cook nicely till they gets soft.
- Roast them well and then add two spoon of ginger and green chilli paste, salt as per taste. Mix them once and then add little water so that tomatoes can get soft quickly.
- When tomatoes becomes soft then add soaked rice in the cooker and mix them well.
- Now add three bowls of water with the same bowl that is used for measuring rice. Then add one spoon of garam masala. Mix them well.
- Close the cooker and let one whistle come on medium flame. When one whistle comes then turn off the gas and let the pressure out itself.
- When the pressure gets out itself then open the cooker and our delicious “Tomato Rice” is ready to serve.
1. Take churned curd in a big mixing bowl. Add soaked boondi. (Soak boondi in water for ten minutes and then squeeze the water from boondi)
2. Now add chopped green chilli and coriander Leaves.
3. Then add spices, one-fourth spoon of red chilli powder, half spoon of cumin seeds powder, one-fourth spoon of black salt and one-fourth spoon of milk.
4. Mix everything nicely. When everything is well mixed then “Raita” is ready.
Guys, enjoy this meal with your family members. You can make this combo whenever you are feeling tired as it does not require much efforts. Make rice in ghee as it gives very good taste to rice. Try the recipe and then let us know your views about the recipe in the comments section. If you like the recipe then share it with your friends and family.
Thank You..! Have a Good Day..! 🙂