Sesame Seeds And Jaggery Gajak…!!
Hello Foodies..! Today I have the recipe of “Sesame Seeds And Jaggery Gajak”. It is a famous dessert of North-Central India. It is a dry sweet made of sesame seeds and jaggery. It is available in winters only and when winters arrive we all start to crave for gajak. It is made in different flavours and shapes. Both the ingredients are very good for health in winters. They keep the body warm and are very nutritious.
They both together are very good source of iron which is required for healthy haemoglobin. Both sesame seeds and jaggery have immense value in Ayurveda and they are widely used for Ayurveda remedy.
The recipe is very simple and it does not require much time to get ready. Neither it requires much ingredients. I am using just three ingredients in my recipe.
Go through the recipe once and I am sure you will like it and you will make it on this Makar Sankranti. Everyone brings gajak of sesame seeds on Makar Sankranti or Uttarayan in Sankrit. So, this time make at home only. So friends, Welocme to my kitchen and let’s start to make “Sesame Seeds And Jaggery Gajak“…
INGREDIENTS WE NEED..
- Sesame Seeds (200 gram)
- Jaggery (250 gm)
- Ghee (One Spoon)
SESAME SEEDS AND JAGGERY GAJAK RECIPE…
- For it take 200 gram of sesame seeds and 250 gram of jaggery.
- Firstly keep a wok on gas and add sesame seeds in it and roast them on medium flame.
- We have to roast them till they starts to make noise while roasting and starts to change their colour.
- When sesame seeds are well roasted then add jaggery and make the flame low.
- When jaggery melts nicely and get well mixed with sesame seeds then add one spoon of ghee in it and mix it well.
- When everything is well mixed then turn off the gas and pour it in the greased tray immediately without any delay. (Grease the tray with ghee before only and keep it ready)
- Set it well in a thick layer with the help of spatula and leave it for five minutes so that it can become luke warm. Don’t let it cool completely.
- After five minutes, when it gets luke warm then mark cut in it according to the size of your choice. (Right now just mark cut in gajak, don’t take it out as it will break)
- Let it cool and when gajak gets cool completely then take it out from tray.
- Our mouthwatering “Sesame Seeds And Jaggery Gajak” is ready to serve.
Guys, enjoy this delicious gajak with your family members. Keep in mind that we have to melt the jeggery on low flame only so that it can get mix nicely with sesame seeds otherwise they will get burn and good gajak will not get ready. Melted jaggery helps to give shape to gajak.. If you want to make chikki then make thin layer of the mixture. Serve this tasty gajak to your guests on Makar Sankranti and they will praise you for making such a tasty gajak at home only.
Friends, give a try to my recipe and share it with your friends and family… and let us know your valuable views about the recipe in the comments section.. If you have any suggestion then do share with us.. and share the images of gajak with us..
Thank You..! Have A Wonderful Day..!