Hello Foodies..! Today I have the recipe of sweet dish. It’s a different barfi which is made up of semolina. It is very tasty and simple to make. As you all know barfi is a very common sweet dish which is famous all across India and is made with different types of ingredients at different places as per choices of people. There are various kinds of barfi which we all would have eaten atleast once.
Our today’s recipe is “Semolina Barfi”. You must have eaten many types of barfi but have you ever eaten Semolina Barfi..? If yes then do tell us in comments and if no then make with my recipe. I am sure you will like it a lot.
So friends, Welcome to my kitchen and let’s start to make “Semolina Barfi”…
INGREDIENTS WE NEED…
- Ghee (50 gram)
- Semolina (150 gram)
- Water (Half Bowl)
- Sugar (150 gram)
- Mawa (150 gram)
- Coconut Powder (50 gram)
- Cardamom Powder
- Dryfruits (Almonds and Pista)
SEMOLINA BARFI RECIPE….
- Firstly keep a wok on gas and pour 50 gram of ghee in it and let it heat.
- When ghee gets heated then add 150 gram of semolina and roast it by stirring. Roast it on medium flame till it gets light brown in colour.
- When it gets roasted then turn off the gas and stir for one minute as wok is hot and it can burn semolina.
- Then take it out in a plate and let it cool.
- Now again keep the wok on gas and keep the flame medium. Pour half bowl of water and 150 gram of sugar.
- Let the sugar dissolve in water completely till we get a good sugar syrup.
- When sugar syrup gets ready then add roasted semolina to it and mix it by stirring. Don’t leave and keep on stirring continuously. Make it thick because we have to make barfi of it.
- Then add 150 gram of mawa to it and keep on stirring till it gets mixed properly. Then add 50 gram of coconut powder to it and mix it nicely.
- Now add one spoon of ghee and mix it nicely Then add cardamom powder as it brings nice flavour to it. Mix it as well.
- When it paste gets thick that means it is ready.
- Now take tray to make barfi and grease it with ghee. Then pour the barfi paste and set it nicely in the tray.
- Garnish it with finely chopped almonds and pistachio and then press them slightly to set them.
- Leave it for half an hour to let it cool down and get set.
- After half an hour, barfi will get set nicely.
- Then cut it into pieces and serve the tasty barfi.
This is just one of it’s kind of Semolina Barfi. You can make this type of barfi as per your taste as well for which you can add dryfruits as per your taste and include any other ingredient which you want to bring any flavour of your choice. As barfi is generally made in square shape so I have given square shape to my barfi but if you want you can cut it in any shape of your choice to make it look more presentable. As it is a very simple dish to be made so you can make it anytime whenever you want to eat any sweet.
Guys, give a try to my recipe and share it with your friends and family. Don’t forget to tell us your views about the recipe in the comments section.
Thank You..! Have A Sweet Day..! 🙂