Hello Foodies..! Today I will tel you the recipe of Peas Rice. I will make it in a pot. It’s a simple recipe and gets ready within 20-25 minutes. Everyone likes to eat peas rice and they are no doubtedly very tasty. In winters market is loaded with fresh peas and green peas are used atleast three to four times a week in one or the other dish. People love to eat peas rice and they make it frequently in winters.
But if fresh green peas are not available then you can use frozen peas as well. There is no change in the taste. They becomes equally tasty when made with fresh green peas or frozen green peas. Kids love to carry peas rice to school in their school tiffin.
Peas are high in fiber, low in fat and does not contain cholestrol. So, it’s good for health as well. So, Welcome to my kitchen.. and without any delay let’s start the recipe..
INGREDIENTS WE NEED..
- Rice (200 Gram)
- Peas (400 Gram)
- Black Peppers
- Cumin Seeds- One Spoon
- Salt- As per taste
- Lemon Juice
PEAS RICE RECIPE…
- Firstly take 200 gram of rice in a big mixing bowl.
- Add water and wash them properly and then remove the water. Then again add clean water and wash once again and remove the water.
- Now add water and let them soak for half an hour. After half an hour, rice will be well soaked then strain the water with the help of strainer.
- Keep a pot on gas and pour two spoon of oil in it. Let the oil heat and when oil gets heated then add black peppers, clove and one spoon of cumin seeds.
- Let them roast little and then add green peas. Roast the peas for one minute and keep on stirring while roasting.
- Then after one minute of roasting peas add soaked rice and then roast the rice as well for one minute and keep on stirring while roasting.
- When we will measure 200 gm of rice with bowl then it will be three-fourth bowl, so add one bowl of water in pot then salt as per taste and mix it nicely.
- Now cook it by covering for one minute. After one minute water will start to boil. Give it a mix, then add lemon juice and mix it nicely. (Lemon juice makes rice very good)
- Then again cook for one minute by covering on low flame. After one minute, turn off the gas. Leave it as it is for fifteen mintes.
- After fifteen minutes Peas Rice are all ready to serve.
See how good they are looking. Serve them with raita or any curry, they adds the flavour to the dish. But they alone also are very tasty and they are personally my favourite. I love eating peas rice or you can say “matar pulav”. I have made this dish without using much spices. I have used whole spices as they gives very good aroma and taste to the rice. I have made them simple. If you want you can garnish them with coriander leaves as it will make rice presentable and will increase the taste as well.
Give a try to my recipe and share the recipe with your friends and family. Don’t forget to tell us your views about the recipe in the comments section.. and if you have any suggestion then do let us know..
Thank You..! Have A Wonderful day..! 🙂