How to make tasty and crispy namkeen at home……
Hello readers, we know anyone who got their stocked up namkeen finished in this lockdown will be craving for namkeen. Definitely buying things from outside is not that safe till yet and namkeen is such a snack which we all love as an answer to every mid interval cravings specially in the evening. So here today we got a special way to make namkeen from left over rice that will also utilize the left over thing behind getting it turned into a namkeen…so lets get started…
Things we will be needing…
- Cooked rice
- Curry leaves
- Red dried chilies
- Spices of your choice (turmeric, salt, chat masala, red chilly powder or anything you like)
- Oil for frying
Now let’s get started…..
- We will be needing cooked rice for this; you can use the left-over rice or even cook fresh for making the namkeen.
- Now dry this on a cloth under shade preferably under the fan.
- When the rice gets dried collect them and start frying them in little quantities in the oil, we have to just fry them till they start looking puffed up. Over frying and wrong temperature and lead to burning of rice.
- Take the help of a steel strainer to avoid it getting messed up the oil pan.
- Now take the deep-fried rice in a separate bowl and keep them aside.
- Heat up some oil in a pan and roast some peanuts in it. As they get brown in color, keep the aside for further use.
- Now take more oil in the pan and start adding dried red chilies, the curry leaves, turn the flame low and then add turmeric to it. Continue by adding more spices like salt, red chilly powder, dried mango powder all according to your wish.
- If you want you can also add some sugar powder that depends on if you want to make a sweet and sour kind of namkeen. If don’t, you can avoid using this
- Now turn the flame medium and start mixing things well. Mix the puffed up rice and peanuts as well. Mix everything well and you namkeen is ready to serve. Store this up to 1 month and enjoy home made namkeen in this lockdown.