Hello Foodies..! Today I will tell you the recipe of “Mix Dal”. I have made this by mixing four types of pulses. I have made this dal in cooker so it gets ready quickly. It becomes very tasty as it has the taste of four types of pulses. Pulses provides protein and fibre to the body and there are many more health benefits of pulses. Everyone should eat pulses everyday as it enhances the health of a person.
Give a try to my recipe and enjoy delicious dal. Recipe is simple and gets ready without much efforts. So friends, Welcome to my kitchen and let’s start to make “Mix Dal”…
INGREDIENTS WE NEED..
- Pigeon Pea (Half Cup)
- Split Chickpeas (One-Fourth Cup)
- Split Green Gram (One-Fourth Cup)
- Split Black Gram (One-Fourth Cup)
- Desi Ghee
- Whole Spices (Bay Leaf- One, Cinnamon Stick- One, Black Cardamom- One, Cloves- Two Or Three)
- Spices (Cumin Seeds- One Spoon, Asafoetida- One Pinch, Turmeric Powder- One Spoon, Coriander Powder- One Spoon, Red Chilli Powder- Half Spoon, Garam Masala- Half Spoon, Salt- As per taste, Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder)
- Vegetables (Ginger, Green Chilli, Tomato, Coriander Leaves)
MIX DAL RECIPE…
- For it take half cup of pigeon pea, one-fourth cup split chickpeas, one-fourth cup of split green gram, one-fourth cup of split black gram.
- Wash them properly and soak them in water for two hours. After two hours, they will be well soaked then wash them again.
- Now keep a pressure cooker on gas and pour one spoon of ghee in it. When ghee gets heated then add one spoon of cumin seeds, one bay leaf, one cinnamon stick, one black cardamom, two-three cloves, chopped ginger, finely chopped green chilli and one pinch of asafoetida.
- Roast all of them nicely. When they gets roasted then add chopped tomatoes and roast them as well.
- Then add one spoon of turmeric powder, one spoon of coriander powder, half spoon of red chilli powder. Mix them well and roast all of them nicely.
- When they gets well roasted then add soaked pulses and roast them also for one minute as this way dal becomes very tasty.
- Then add water, add water by measurement only so add three cups of water. After that add salt as per taste and half spoon of garam masala as it gives very good taste.
- Mix them well and then close the cooker. Keep the flame medium and let two whistles come. After two whistles make the flame low and let the pressure form.
- When it forms pressure then turn off the gas and let the pressure out itself. When the pressure is out then open the cooker and tasty dal gets ready.
- Now we will give tadka to dal. For it, keep tadka pan on gas and pour some ghee in it. When ghee gets heated then add some kashmiri red chilli powder and then turn off the gas.
- Spread tadka on dal and garnish it with coriander leaves.
- Delicious “Mix Dal” is ready to serve.
You can eat this dal without tadka also but if you are serving it to your guests then give tadka and garnish with coriander leaves as this way it looks presentable and tasty also.
If you like the recipe then share it with your friends and family.. Tell us your views about the recipe in the comments section. If you have better recipe of Mix Dal then share it with us..
Thank You..! Have A Wonderful Day..! 🙂