Hello Foodies..! Today I will tell you the recipe of very special South Indian Dish. I will tell you how to make Medu Vada. It is made in doughnut shape and it’s crispy outside and soft inside. It is generally eaten in breakfast or as a snack. The main ingredient of it is “Black Lentil’ (Urad Dal). It is best served with sambhar, coconut chutney and green chutney. If you have medu vada ready then dip them in curd and they will give you the taste of daha vada.
I love all the South Indian dishes but this is one of the easiest and tasty dish. These are very tasty and you must give a try.. So friends, Welcome to my kitchen.. and let’s start the recipe of Medu Vada…
INGREDIENTS WE NEED..
- Black Lentil (Urad Dal)
- Green Chilli and Ginger
- Spices (Salt- As per taste, Asafoetida- One pinch, Red Chilli Powder- Little)
- Coriander Leaves
- Curry Leaves
MEDU VADA RECIPE…
- Firstly take black lentil (Urad Dal) and soak it in water for four hours. After four hours, strain the water from the dal.
- Now take one grinder jar and add dal in the jar then add little water. Grind the dal nicely and make a fine paste of it.
- When paste is ready then take it out in a big bowl. Then take a egg beater and beat the dal very nicely till the dal gets puff.
- When dal puffs then take one bowl of water and add some portion of dal batter in the water. If the batter floats on water that means dal is well puffed and if the batter sinks in water that means you need to beat the dal more.
- If the dal is well puffed then add chopped green chillies, grated ginger, salt as per taste, one pinch of asafoetida, little red chilli powder, chopped coriander leaves, chopped curry leaves.
- Mix everything nicely. Then apply water on palms and take some portion of batter and make it round and then make a hole in it with finger and give it a shape of vada.
- Second way of making vada is, take one bowl and tie a cloth on it and make that cloth wet with water. Then take some portion of batter on that cloth and make it round and make a hole in it with finger.
- Keep a wok on gas containing oil in it for heating. When oil gets heated then add wada in it and deep fry it on low-medium flame so that wade can get cook from inside as well.
- Same way make wada one by one and add them in oil. Deep fry them by turning till they get golden brown.
- When they become golden brown and are well fried then take them out in a plate.
- Tasty Medu Vada are ready to serve.
Enjoy delicious Medu Vada with sambhar, chutney or curd. To make very good vade you have to beat the dal nicely till the batter floats on water. Keep this tip in mind then only very good vade will get ready. Make it for your guests as a snack and they will like it.
Give a try to my recipe and then share it with your friends and family. Do tell us your views about the recipe in the comments section. If you have any suggestion then do tell us.. Share the images of Medu Vada with us..
Thank You..! Have a Wonderful Day..! 🙂