Hello Foodies..! Today I will tell you the recipe of “Masoor Dal” with one trick that will make this dal more tasty. Serve this dal with chapati and rice. The recipe is very easy to make and it gets ready quickly as I have made it in cooker to save time. It is very good for health as it is rich in cholesterol-lowering fibre and high protein content.
So guys, Welcome to my kitchen and let us start to make the recipe…
INGREDIENTS WE NEED..
- Red Lentil (Masoor Dal)- One Bowl
- Vagetables (Ginger, Green Chilli, Tomato, Coriander Leaves)
- Whole Spices (One Black Cardamom, One Bay Leaf, One Cinnamon Stick, Three to Four Cloves)
- Desi Ghee
- Spices (Cumin Seeds- One Spoon, Asafoetida- One Pinch, Turmeric Powder- One Spoon, Coriander Powder- One Spoon, Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder- One Spoon, Garam Masala- Half Spoon, Salt- As per taste)
MASOOR DAL RECIPE…
- Firstly take one bowl of red lentil and wash it properly. When dal gets washed nicely then add water and soak the dal in water for two hours.
- After two hours, dal will get well soaked. Remove the water from it.
- Now take a cooker and add dal in it, then add chopped ginger, chopped green chilli, one black cardamom, one bay leaf, ona cinnamon stick, three to four cloves. (This is our trick that we will add whole spices while boiling the dal)
- Then add one spoon of desi ghee as it will stop water that comes along with whistle.
- Now add water, we will add three bowls of water and salt as per taste. Mix all of them well. (Add water three times of dal, as we have taken one bowl of dal so we have added three bowls of water)
- Close the cooker and keep it on gas and let three whistles come. After three whistles, turn off the gas and let the pressure out itself.
- When the pressure is out completely then open the cooker and you will see dal is well cooked and aroma of whole spices will come.
- Now keep a wok on gas and pour one spoon of desi ghee and let it heat. When ghee gets heated then add one spoon of cumin seeds, one pinch of asafoetida.
- When they both gets roasted then add chopped tomatoes and roast them. Then add spices, so add one spoon of turmeric powder, one spoon of coriander powder, one spoon of Kashmiri red chilli powder, half spoon of garam masala.
- Mix all of them well and cook them till tomatoes gets soft nicely. When tomatoes gets soft then make the flame low and then add boiled dal in it.
- After adding dal make the flame medium and mix the dal nicely with masala and let it boil. Cook it by covering for two minutes so that all the things can get mix with each other nicely.
- After two minutes, mix it once and dal is ready so turn off the gas. Add coriander leaves and then serve it.
Guys, Isn’t it looking yummy and how simple it is to make this dal. Kids love to eat dal and rice so you can make this dal for them and as kids does not eat spicy food so you can add spices according to their taste.
Give a try to this recipe of dal once and then share your views about the recipe in the comments section. If you like the recipe then share it with your friends and family.
Thank You..! Have A Good Day..! 🙂