How to make long lasting mango pickle at home using easy and simple tricks…….
Hello friends…!!! Hope you all are doing well. As you all know, the mango season is at its peak and it is the only time of whole year when we could enjoy mangoes. Same is in the case with the mango pickle, at this time raw mango is available widely, you could opt to make the tasty and everyone’s favorite mango pickle at home for the whole year. Mango pickle has been everyone’s choice because of its tangy taste and it goes well with most of the things. This time if you miss the opportunity, you will have to wait for the next mango season. So, without wasting much time let’s learn how to make long lasting mango pickle in simple steps…. Now let’s get started….
Things we will be needing….
- Raw mangoes
- Mustard oil
- Spices (fenugreek seeds, cumin seeds, fennel flower seeds, asafoetida, red chili powder, salt, turmeric powder, fennel seeds)
Now let’s get started…..
- First of all, take nice raw mangoes of good variety for making the pickle. Try to choose best variety which has more of pulp and it clean, not at all rotten. Take the raw mangoes, wash them properly and let them dry.
- Cut the mangoes into small pieces for making the pickle, don’t forget to take out the seed.
- Now we will make the spicy coating for the pickle, for this heat up 5-6 spoon of mustard oil in the pan and heat it up. After it gets heated don’t forget to turn the burner off.
- Now in this oil only, add 1 spoon of fenugreek seeds, 1 spoon of cumin seeds, a bit more than a pinch of asafoetida, 1.5 spoon turmeric powder, 1-2 spoon red chilli powder, 5 spoon of fennel seeds.
- This will make the pickle taste nice and spicy, now add the raw mangoes we have kept and add 2 spoon salt or according to your taste.
- Now again turn the burner on and at medium flame, start mixing things well. This trick we have shared here will help you to make a instant kind of pickle rather than waiting for long. You even don’t have to wait for the sunlight to get the pickle ready.
- Now keep on mixing the things well and turn the burner off. Keep the pickle separate for 15 hours or more.
- After this you could see you pickle is totally ready for eating and is same as the pickle we keep for many days and take care.
- If you want you can store this pickle for a month or more. But in case you want to store it for a year, do follow this one trick.
- Heat up some mustard oil in the pan and let it cool down and then add to the pickle till a level it dips in the oil. This method will help you to preserve the pickle for year or so.
Hope you liked our simple technique to make pickle in lesser time, do try this and share with us about your experiences. Your suggestions are always awaited…. Now hurry up and get your pickle done for the whole year before the season get off…