Makke Ki Roti…!!
Hello Foodies..! Winters are going on and everyone makes “Makke Ki Roti” at their homes. Makke Ki Roti is a flat bread amde from corn meal. In Punjab, people says “Makke Di Roti” and there it is served with Sarson Ka Saag. Not only there but this combo is famous everywhere. And jaggery and ghee is also served with this combo, making this a perfect meal. These should be cooked properly otherwise you can have stomach pain.
Mostly people use dry flour for making these roti and this way rolling board and near by place gets dirty. So, today I will tell you how to make “Makke Ki Roti” without using dry flour.
So friends, Welcome to my kitchen and let us start to make “Makke Ki Roti”…
INGREDIENTS WE NEED..
- Maize Flour (One Bowl)
- Salt- As per taste
MAKKE KI ROTI RECIPE…
- Firstly take one bowl of maize flour in a big mixing bowl.
- Then add salt as per taste and mix both of them well.
- Now, add water slowly-slowly and knead a dough of it. Dough should not be too tight nor too soft. Knead a normal dough and it should be little tight.
- When dough gets ready then knead it nicely and make it smooth.
- Now apply oil on palms then take some portion of dough and then make a round ball of it and press it slightly.
- Then take one plastic polythene and keep it on rolling board. Apply little oil on the side where we have to roll chapati.
- Keep round ball on the portion where oil is applied. Then cover it with another polythene.
- Press it gently with hands and then roll it with rolling pin. When it gets well rolled then take it out from the polythene.
- Now keep a pan on gas and let it heat. When it gets heated then keep chapati on pan and let it cook little.
- When it gets little cook then turn it and cook it little from another side as well. When it gets little cook from both the sides then cook it on direct flame.
- Cook on low flame because if we will cook on high flame then it will get burn. Cook from both the sides.
- When it gets well cooked from both the side then keep it in a plate and apply ghee on it.
- Same way make all other chapati and cook them in same manner.
- Our crispy “Makke Ki Roti” is ready to serve.
It has become crispy and did not break. Enjoy tasty Makke Ki Roti with your family members in winters. Serve it with any saag of your choice and jaggery cubes. You can eat these chapati with tea also as they are very tasty. Apply ghee for sure as without ghee “Makke Ki Roti” is incomplete.
Make “Makke Ki Roti” with my method and you will make very good chapati. Without much efforts you can make these chapati. When you use dry flour for making chapati, they don’t get ready nicely. So guys, give a try to my recipe once and I am sure you will like this way. If you like the recipe then share it with your friends and family. If you have any suggestion for these chapati then do let us know.. Don’t forget to tell your views about the recipe in the comments section.
Thank You..! Have A Good Day..! 🙂