Maize Flour Dhokla…!!
Hello Foodies..! Today I will tell you the recipe of dhokla. In this recipe I have not used wheat flour, gram flour, semolina, refined flour and potato for making dhokla. It’s a different type of dhokla which can be eaten in winters only. It is very simple to make and gets ready quickly. It is very tasty and different from the dhokla that you have eaten. The main ingredient of this dhokla is “Maize Flour”.
Maize flour is very good for health as it is rich in antioxidants, Vitamin B, magnesium and much more. It lowers the chances of getting diseases like cancer, heart disease and type 2 diabetes. So, you should include it in your diet in winters.
So friends, Welcome to my kitchen.. and let’s start to make winter special maize flour dhokla..
INGREDIENTS WE NEED..
- Maize Flour (One Bowl)
- Curd (Three-Fourth Bowl)
- Green Chillies and Ginger
- Turmeric Powder
- Lemon Juice (One Spoon)
- ENO (One Green Packet)
- Curry Leaves
- Mustard Seeds
MAIZE FLOUR DHOKLA RECIPE…
- Firstly take one bowl of maize flour in a big mixing bowl.
- Take three-fourth bowl of curd and churn it with churner. Then add it in the mixing bowl along with maize flour.
- Mix them nicely. Now add salt, sugar, ginger, green chilli. Then add water and mix them well. Make a smooth batter of it.
- Now add turmeric powder as it gives very good colour to dhokla. Mix it well.
- Then add one spoon of lemon juice and mix it nicely.
- At last add one packet of ENO and then mix it well. (If you will not add ENO then dhokla will not puff and will not become spongy)
- Batter is ready so grease dhokla tin with ghee and pour batter in it.
- Before adding ENO in the batter, keep a wok on gas containing water in it. Then keep one stand in the wok. Let the water heat so that once the dhokla tin is ready it can be put in wok. (Water level should be little below the stand)
- Now keep the dhokla tin on that stand in the wok. Cover the wok and let the dhokla cook on medium flame for fifteen minutes.
- After fifteen minutes turn off the gas and leave it as it is for five minutes. After five minutes check it with toothpick if it’s not sticky that means it’s well cooked.
- Take out the dhokla tin and let the dhokla cool. When it is cool then take out the dhokla in a plate using knife at the edges.
- Now prepare tadka. Keep a wok on gas and pour some oil in it. When oil gets heated then add mustard seeds, curry leaves and green chillies by cutting them long in two pieces.
- Roast them little and then add water. Let the water boil and when it is well boiled then turn off the gas and spread tadka all over the dhokla.
- Maize Flour Dhokla is ready. Cut the pieces and serve it.
Enjoy this delicious “Maize Flour Dhokla” with your family members. If you wants to eat more sweet then add sugar while adding tadka. I have not added sugar and salt in the tadka water because I had already added them in the batter. It’s a healthy snack and you should make it frequently.
Give a try to this recipe and then tell us your views about the recipe in the comments.. Share the recipe with your friends and family.
Thank You..! Have A Good Day..! 🙂