How to make tasty lemon pickle in less time….
Hey guys and welcome, how are you all doing…?? friends, as we all know, pickle is something which goes with each and every meal in India specially. It is good for digestion as well and its spicy and tangy taste adds much flavour even in any boring meal. The pickle making is although found to be a tedious job and people prefer to buy pickle from market but they are having harmful preservatives and other chemical in it. We will today learn how to make lemon pickle at home using simple methods and it will last equally long as well….
Things we will be needing……
- 800 gm lemons
- 800gm sugar
- 50 gm salt and black salt
- 200 gm lemon juice
- Red chilli powder
- Cumin seeds powder
Let’s get started……
- Take lemons for the pickle and choose wisely. Take nice big lemons full of juice for the pickle. Wash them and wipe to remove any residue of water from them.
- Cut them into 8 pieces. First cut in half, then another half and then the last two pieces. Do remove the seeds too from them.
- Now collect them in a bowl and add 50 gm of salt and black salt each into the lemons followed by 200 gm lemon juice too. Mix the things well and cover with a plate.
- Keep this for about 6-7 days so that the lemon gets soft. Keep in the sunlight and take care for 6-7 days.
- After the time passes, you will see the lemons have become softer perfect of the pickle.
- Now we will make the pickle of them, we are using instant way to make the lemon pickle. Take 20 ml of water in a pan and add 200 gm of sugar into it.
- Mix the things well and let it melt. Add some asafoetida in it and about 2 spoons of Kashmiri red chilli powder and 1.5 spoons of cumin seeds powder to this.
- Mix the things well and let them boil. When it boils, add the lemons to it and mix.
- The lemon pickle is now ready, store in a proper jar and enjoy for many coming months with your meals.
The lemon pickle recipe is easy to make and follow simple steps as well. The sweet and tangy taste with a bit of spicy taste at the same time will be liked by everyone. Do try this at home and share your experiences in the comment section.