Easy way to make lip smacking snack… Katori chaat at home….
Indian street food is well known all over the world. The spicy and tasty flavours in chaat (a kind of mixture) is an answer to every bon appetite. Every one likes chat in one or the other form. Here we have come up with an idea about how to make one such katori chaat at home with simple procedure and easily available ingredients. Here it goes…..
Things we will be needing….
- 2-3 raw potatoes
- 3 tbps Corn flour
- All kinds of vegetables and things u would like to add in chat like boiled potatoes, tomato, onion, green chillies, etc
- All kinds of spices you would like to add like chaat masala, salt, cumin powder, red chilli powder, etc
- 1 cup boiled chickpeas
- Sweet chutney
- Green chutney
- Oil for frying
Now let’s get started….
- First of all, take the raw potatoes accordingly depending on how much katoris (potato bowl) you have to make. Peel them and grate using a grater preferably a that makes thick strands rather thin.
- After grating the whole potatoes, wash them gently without taking breaking the potato strands.
- Now strainer the remaining water properly, take the help of muslin cloth and strainer to get rid of all excess water and take them in a different bowl.
- Add 3 tbsp corn flour to these potatoes and some salt (as per your taste) mix well. This process will help in binding and making nice katori.
- Now this take some of the mix and spread it in form of bowl in a steel strainer…remember steel strainer. Give it a proper shape.
- Now this is something which requires skill….you have to deep fry this katori in oil. For this put the strainer in which katori was made in the oil and with help of a ladle keep pouring some oil over it so that it gets fried in even form
- After it gets deep fried, take the strainer out and let it cool down before taking the katori out. Now take the katori out gently with help of knife in case you need.
- We have a katori ready with us now…start making the chaat over it. Add whatever you feel like…. start with boiled potato and chickpea first, add onion if you wish to. Now add some chaat masala over it, salt, red chilly powder, green and sweet chutney, some curd over it.
- In case you feel the volume of chat is less…start adding more of potato, chickpea, add tomato after all. Sprinkle some cumin powder, chaat masala, red chilli powder, green chutney and whatever you feel like. Finish it off with some aloo bhujiya namkeen.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and enjoy you chaat…..