How to make Mathura’s famous tasty and crispy Khasta Daal Kachori at home….!!!
Hello readers, if you have ever visited Mathura, the birth place of Lord Krishna, you must have definitely tasted the most famous kachori available all over the place. The daal kachori of Mathura is a famous tourist attraction apart from the wide variety of tasty sweets. The kachori is opted as a breakfast and is well known for its spicy flavors. I know…. till now your mouth must have stared watering if you could recall the taste and for those who have not got a chance to taste, why not to try it at home. Here we are today with a special recipe of tasty daal kachori with tricks to make it at home with its authentic taste and crispiness….now let’s get started…..
We will be needing….
- 1 bowl refined flour or maida
- Some gram flour
- Moong daal (lentils)
- Spices [salt, carom seeds, cumin seeds, kasori methi (dried fenugreek leaves), coriander powder, red chilli powder, black pepper, dried mango powder, Garam masala)
- Oil for frying
Let’s get started…..
- First of all, we will prepare the dough for the kachori, for this take 1 bowl of maida or refined flour or as much as you want and add some salt to it.
- Do add some carrom seeds and mix things properly. Add some oil to it and again mix them well with help of your hands. Mix the oil well in the flour so that it gets a binding. Keep on doing this till you get the desired binding sort of.
- After this step start kneading the dough. We will be kneading a tight and a bit hard kind of dough for making crispy kachori. Knead it well and keep it separate for further use.
- On the other hand, start preparing for the stuffing. Take soaked moong lentils (the yellow one) and strain the excess of water well. Grind it with help of a grinder in granular form. We don’t have to make a paste.
- Now heat up some oil in a pan and add cumin seeds to it. Now follow it by adding some kasoori methi, some minced ginger and stir them for some time.
- Add more spices to this but first add some gram flour to it. This is a trick used to make it more crispy and last longing. Add the things as instructed and then start adding the spices. The whole kachori is a amalgam of spices used in it so we have to put a bit of more quantity then we normally use in order to create the flavor. And yes, do remember the spices we used are not that finely powdered, they are kind of grind one.
- Start adding some black pepper, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, dried mango or amchoor powder, garam masala and some salt to.
- Add the lentil we kept to the mixture and mix them well to make the filling. Mix them things well and let them cool down.
- After it cools down, make small balls of the stuffing for placing In the kachori. The balls we make it more convenient to fill the kachori.
- Take the dough we kept and make small balls out of it to make the kachori. We will make the kachori with help of our hands only rather using the rolling pin.
- Take the ball spread it by pressing it in circular motion and the place the ball we made of the filling in that. Cover it properly and again spread it in round shape to make the kachori.
- Make as much kachori as you want and now deep fry them.
- For this heat up some oil and when it is hot, add the kachoris for frying one by one. Let them get fried for some times and then slow down the flame. After doing this keep on turning them around to make them crispier.
- This trick if you follow, will help you to make nice crispy kachoris.
- Now keep on turning the kachoris till they turn brownish red in color.
- As they get fried well take them out and serve with you favorite chutney or sauce or you can even make the complimentary aloo sabji which will give it a full Mathura touch.
- You can even store the kachoris and serve them till a longer time and they will remain same crispy as they have been made if you just follow the recipe and tricks properly.
Do let us know in the comment section about your suggestions and share you memory and experiences about your Mathura trip… Hope you liked the recipe…..