How to make the Mathura style bhog/prasad thali specially for lord Krishna on his birthday…….
Hello readers and welcome, everyone is so excited for the upcoming festival of Janmashtami, the birthday of lord Krishna, lord Krishna is loved by everyone and the occasion of his birthday is been celebrated all India and even world. His followers reside in every corner of world and wait for this special occasion to show their love and offer him the special bhog made with whole of devotion and love. Bhog or prasad literally means offerings or blessings. Bhog offering is conducted in “spiritual consciousness”. It is a very positive and spiritual thing any devote can do.
Offering bhog and distributing it in our loved ones is considered very auspicious, so my friends let’s learn a special thali of bhog which has many kinds of dishes that would be loved by god and the devotees too. The thali is full of different recipes and combined all together will make the best possible bhog for our loved lord Krishna…..Let’s start and learn each and every part of the thali…
Paag is the most special kind of dish that is made specially for the occasion of janmsthami. To get start of with the paag we will be needing….
- Melon seeds
- To start with, roast 200 gm of melon seeds properly till you get to hear a pricking sound and keep them separate. Now on the other hand roast some mawa (about 125 gm mawa)
- Now keep the roasted things aside and make the sugar syrup. Take 125gm of sugar in 10 ml water and heat it and let it melt.
- After the sugar melts, make sure to get a syrup of thick consistency.
- Add the roasted melon seeds and the mawa to it and mix the thing together till they get bind well.
- Take a greased plate and then spread the prepared material over it and let it cool down and set.
- After it gets set, cut this into pieces and the paag is ready for the bhog thali.
It is the most important part of the special bhog thali for the occasion. For making the simple panjiri we will be needing…
- Dry fruits including grated coconut, chopped almonds, cashews, fox nuts
- Coriander powder
- Sugar powder
- To start with, take the chopped dry fruits and roast them well one by on in the ghee. Fry all the dry fruits one by one and collect them in a plate.
- On the same pan, fry the coriander powder as well and keep it roasting for sometimes.
- After the things get fried, mix all this thing well together and now add some sugar powder to it to add the sweet taste.
- Mix the things well and the panjiri is also ready for the thali.
Panachamrit means a mixture of 5 things which the deity of lord is bathed off and devotee take this as a prasad. Although Panachamrit is prepared only once you bath lord Krishna after his birth at midnight 12. For this we will be needing…
- Holy basil leaves
- Powdered sugar
- Place the holy basil at the base of any bowl and place the deity of lord Krishna on it. Bath him with milk, curd.
- Add sugar powder, honey and ghee as well and at the end add some holy gangajaal to this.
- The panchamrit is also ready for distribution.
Makhan mishri bhog….
The most favourite part of the bhog thali that is loved by lord Krishna. He used to be very naughty in his childhood and used to steal makhan or the unsalted butter with his friends, many stories have been famous on such incidences. Just take the white unsalted butter from the market and add the mishri to it and mix all thoroughly, the makhan mishri is also now ready….
Special kheer for the bhog…..
Now the turn for the last part of the thali, the kheer. For this we have to take…
- 1 l milk
- Fox nuts
- Dry fruits
- cardamom powder
- For making the kheer, boil 1 l milk and meanwhile it boils, we will do the other work.
- Take some fox nuts and grind a part of them for further use.
- After the milk boils, add some foxnuts to it and keep on mixing it, then after sometimes let it boil properly and add the grinded fox nuts too into this. This will make the kheer of thick consistency.
- Let it boil and now add some powdered sugar and some dry fruits of your choice like almonds, raisins, etc.
- At the end, add some cardamom powder and let it boil a bit and kheer is also ready of the bhog.
Arrange all the things properly in the thali and do not forget to add holy basil over it, this is liked by lord Krishna. The thali of bhog is full of variety and has a touch of Mathura style in it, it is made with love for the offering. Do share your views in the comment section and wish all the readers a very happy Janmashtami.