Hello Foodies !! How you all are doing ..? I hope you all are good & safe at your homes. Craving for dosa ..? I think dosa is one of the favourite dish of everyone. Dosa is a South Indian dish. You all must have eaten it. The dosa you all have eaten is made of urad dal & rice. But today I will tell you how to make it with moong dal. You all can have it in your breakfast. I have added one special ingredient in the recipe to make the dosa crispy and I will tell you that in the recipe only. So, let’s start & learn to make moong daal dosa.
Ingredients we need
- Moong Dal
- Mustard Seeds
- Masale (Turmeric Powder, Red Chilly Powder, Coriander Powder, Dry Mango Powder, Chaat Masala & Salt)
- Veggies (Green Chillies, Ginger, Tomatoes)
- Boiled Potatoes
Let’s start the recipe
- Take one bowl of moong dal and 1-2 table spoon of rice (our special ingredient), soak them in water separately for 2 hours. After 2 hours, grind them together in a grinder by adding little water and make a smooth paste.
- Take out the batter in a big bowl, add salt to it then mix it well. Now cover it with lid and leave it for 1 hour.
3. Meanwhile we will make stuffing for the dosa. Put frying pan on a gas and pour 1-2 table spoon of oil in it to heat then add mustard seeds, chopped green chillies, grated ginger and roast them and then add chopped tomatoes and roast them as well.
4. Now, add spices in it – turmeric powder, red chilly powder, coriander powder, dry mango powder, chaat masala and salt as per taste. Mix them and roast peoperly.
5. Then add boiled mashed potatoes and mix them with masala properly. Stuffing is ready, keep it aside for cooling.
6. Batter is ready by the time that we kept for settling down. Take some portion of batter in a small bowl. Add little turmeric powder in it and mix it well. Now add little water to the batter to make the batter thin, the same consistency as we use for making dosa of urad dal & rice.
7. Now, put non-stick pan on gas to heat. Once it is heated, sprinkle water over pan to bring it to normal temperature and then wipe it with napkin or any cloth.
8. Spread batter on pan in circular motion & make a thin layer. Gas flame should be low-medium.
9. Once it starts changing it’s colour slightly, spread oil on the edge of dosa. Then remove the dosa from the corners slowly slowly and turn over the dosa. Let it cook from the other side.
10. Now, again spread the oil on the edge of dosa and turn over the dosa. The other side should be cooked less. Then, spread stuffing at the one end of dosa. Fold the dosa and it is ready to serve.
Enjoy yummy delicious dosa with chutney or sambhar. Share the recipe with your friends & family. Share your experience & more ideas in the comment section.
Have a wonderful dosa party at your home. 🙂