Easy tips to make crispy dosa on a normal pan rather on a non-stick pan….
Dosa is a well-known south Indian dish liked by everyone. But one challenge that everyone faces who try dosa at home is how to make it crispy. We today are sharing some handy and useful tips that will help you to make crispy dosa even on a normal pan in case of unavailability of non-stick pan. Let get started then…
Things we will be needing…
- 2.5 bowl rice
- ¾ urad daal
- Oil for cooking
What to do now….
- Take 2.5 bowl of rice that are specially for dosa (the smaller variety) and ¾ bowl urad daal. Soak them for 6 hours or overnight in water.
- After 6 hours blend them in a mixture jar to make fine paste, add water if needed.
- The batter is still not ready. You must keep this batter for more time to allow it to rise.
- In case of summers it can take about 10 hours but in winters you have to keep it for more time up to 18 hours.
- When the batter gets ready, set it consistency accordingly, it should be nor to thick or flowy, medium type.
- Now get the pan ready for making dosas. You can take the normal pan you have in kitchen, but you should make a paratha and don’t wash it. This will make the pan greasy and perfect for cooking.
- Further take some water and mix some oil in it.
- Heat up the pan and sprinkle the mixture over it and rub with help of a cloth.
- Now spread the batter in circular form with help of a flattened spoon and try to get it as thin as possible.
- Put some oil over the dosa and flip it when it seems to get crispy.
- Enjoy the crispy dosa made at home with the help of the normal pan only.