Hello Foodies..! Today I have the recipe of “Chickpeas Pickle” for you all. You all must have eaten chhole of chickpeas and everyone likes chhole as they becomes very tasty but have you ever eaten pickle of chickpeas…?? I am sure you must have not eaten pickle of chickpeas so know it’s recipe today.. If anyone has eaten then do let us know in the comments section.
Speciality oof this pickle is that it does not spoil. You can store it for years easily till you finish it. It is very simple to make this pickle and it is very tasty. So friends, Welcome to my kitchen and let us learn to make chickpeas pickle..
INGREDIENTS WE NEED..
- Chickpeas (250 gram)
- Mustard Oil
- Raw Mangoes (Half Kg)
- Spices (Salt, Red Chilli Powder, Turmeric Powder, Asafoetida, Fennel Seeds Powder, Powdered Mustard Seeds, Kalonji, Fenugreek Seeds)
CHICKPEAS PICKLE RECIPE…
- Firstly take 250 gram of chickpeas and soak them in water overnight. Then remove water from chickpeas and wash them with clean water.
- Take one cotton cloth and spread chickpeas on the cloth. Let them dry for five to six hours in fan. (Dry them in a shaded area only, not in sunlight as in sunlight good pickle will not get ready)
- After five to six hours they will get dried then add vinegar in the chickpeas and chickpeas should get well dipped in the vinegar.
- Give it a mix and then keep it aside for five to six hours. After five to six hours, strain the vinegar from the chickpeas.
- Now take half kg of raw mangoes, wash them properly, wipe them, peel them and then cut them in small pieces.
- Take chopped raw mangoes in a big bowl and then add chickpeas in it, Mix both of them with each other.
- Keep a wok on gas and add mustard oil in it in a good quantity. Let the oil heat and when oil gets heated then turn off the gas and let it cool.
- Now add spices in chickpeas and chopped raw mangoes, firstly add salt, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, little asafoetida, fennel seeds powder, powdered mustard seeds, little kalonji, little fenugreek seeds. Mix all of them nicely.
- Add two spoon of mustard oil, add the oil when it gets cool completely. Mix it nicely. When they are well mixed then cover it and keep it aside for two days.
- After two days, chickpeas will absorb oil. Now take one container and add the pickle in it.
- Now add remaining mustard oil hat we heated. Pickle should get well dipped in oil.
- Close the container and leave it for fifteen days. After fifteen days, if the oil is on the above surface and pickle is down that means pickle is ready.
Enjoy the delicious chickpeas pickle with parantha or puri. This pickle is very tasty. Give it a try once and serve it to your family members. Everyone will like it a lot. You can carry this pickle for the picnic and then eat with puri, you will enjoy every bite of it.
Powdered mustard seeds makes pickle stay long so it’s a important ingredient. Add spices as per your taste. It’s different taste pickle and I am sure you will like it’s taste a lot.
Guys, if you like the recipe of pickle then share it with your friends and family.. Do give your suggestions.. and let us know your views about the recipe in the comments section.
Thank You..! Have a Good Day..! 🙂