Hello Foodies..! Winters has staretd and carrot is coming in the market. Everyone makes carrot halwa in winters. So, today I will tell you the unique recipe of carrot halwa. The speciality of this halwa is that I have not use milk, mawa and ghee for making it. I will add one ingredient at the end that will give you the taste of mawa and ghee. This ingredient is always available at home and the recipe is very simple.
The second benefit of making halwa this way is that you can keep the halwa for two to three days without adding the ingredient that we have to add at last. And whenever you wants to eat halwa add that ingredient and enjoy your halwa.
Friends, Welcome to my kitchen.. and let’s start the recipe of Carrot Halwa.
INGREDIENTS WE NEED..
- Carrot (700 gram)
- Sugar (100 gram)
- Dryfruits (Almonds, Cashew, Pistachio)
- Cardamom Powder
CARROT HALWA RECIPE…
- Take 700 gram of carrot, wash them properly and then peel them.
- Then grate them and you will get approximately 500 gm of grated carrot. (Don’t grate the middle yellow part of carrot)
- Now take one pressure cooker and add the grated carrot in it. Then add 100 gram of sugar in it. (If you wants to eat more sweet then add more sugar as per your taste)
- Mix sugar and carrot nicely with each other. When they are well mixed then close the cooker
- Keep the cooker on gas and let one whistle come. When one whistle comes then make the flame low.
- Then let the pressure form and when pressure forms then turn off the gas.
- Let the pressure out itself. When the pressure is out then open the cooker and check whether carrot is well cooked or not.
- If the carrot is soft and well cooked then again turn on the gas and dry the water that carrot and sugar has left.
- When it starts to dry then add chopped almonds, chopped cashew, chopped pistachio and mix them nicely.
- Then add cardamom powder as it gives very good flavour to the halwa. Mix it well in the halwa.
- Dry the water fully and when the water is dried then turn of the gas and take it out in a bowl.
- Let it get luke warm and then keep it in fridge. Whenever you wants to eat halwa then take some halwa in cooker and then add cream in it. (Cream is the special ingredient that I tolde you in the starting)
- Mix the cream and carrot halwa nicely. Cook it for sometime so that they can get mix nicely with each other.
- When it’s ready then turn off the gas and take it out in a bowl.
- Serve the delicious Carrot Halwa hot.
It’s a must try recipe as it’s very simple and you don’t need much ingredients to make this halwa as you usually needs to make carrot halwa. The cream that I have added gives taste of mawa and ghee that we have not added in this recipe. It’s a yummy halwa and as you can store it for three to four days so make it before hand whenever there is any function at your home and then make it fresh for your guests by just adding cream in it. This way your time will be saved and your work load will be reduced.
Guys, give a try to my recipe and if you like my recipe then share it with your friends and family.. Don’t forget to tell us your views about the recipe in the comments section..
Thank You..! Have A Sweet Day..! 🙂