Bottle Gourd Puri…!!
Hello Foodies..! Today I will tell you the recipe of tasty “Bottle Gourd Puri”. Once you will eat this puri then you will make it whenever bottle gourd will be available. It is very tasty and healthy as it is made up of bottle gourd. Kids do not like to eat bottle gourd but if you will make puri of bottle gourd then they will like it a lot and in this way you will give healthy food to your kids. Make it for your guests and they will like it a lot as it will be more tasty than normal puri.
So friends, Welcome to my kitchen and let us start to make “Bottle Gourd Puri”…
INGREDIENTS WE NEED..
- Bottle Gourd
- Wheat Flour (One Bowl)
- Semolina (Four To Five Spoon)
- Green Chilli
- Spices (Salt- As per taste, Cumin Seeds- 3/4th Spoon, Turmeric Powder- 1/4th Spoon, Red Chilli Powder, Chilli Flakes, Asafoetida)
BOTTLE GOURD PURI RECIPE…
- Firstly take one bottle gourd, wash it properly then peel it.
- Then grate it from small holes of grater. Firstly grate half bottle gourd only and if required then grate rest half afterwards.
- Now take one big bowl and add one bowl of wheat flour in it, then add four to five spoons of semolina, finely chopped green chilli, salt as per taste, three-fourth spoon of cumin seeds, one-fourth spoon of turmeric powder, little chilli flakes, little red chilli powder, little asafoetida.
- Then add grated bottle gourd. As bottle gourd leaves water so we will firstly mix all of them and then we will knead the dough by adding little water.
- Knead a tight dough of it and when it gets ready then add coriander leaves and the mix them very nicely. Then apply oil on the dough and leave it for five minutes by covering.
- After five minutes, dough gets well set. Knead it again nicely as the more good dough will be kneaded the more good puri will get ready.
- Then apply dry flour on palms as this dough is little sticky. Take a portion from dough and make a round ball of it.
- Then dip the round ball in the dry flour and then roll it nicely in a round shape. Same way roll other puri as well.
- Now keep a wok on gas and pour oil in it for deep frying the puri. When oil gets heated then add puri in the oil and let it cook.
- When puri starts to cook then turn it with spatula and deep fry it by turing till it becomes golden brown. Make it puff by presing it slightly with spatula.
- When puri gets well fried and becomes golden brown then take it out in a plate and same way deep fry rest of the puri.
- Our tasty and healthy “Bottle Gourd Puri” are ready to serve.
See, how tasty this puri is looking. It is just not looking tasty but it is very tasty in eating also. You can eat it with curd or pickle. You can have it with evening tea aslo as a snack with tea. It is not necessary to add chilli flakes and red chilli powder both in the dough, it is optional, so add as per your choice.
Guys, give a try to this puri and I am sure you will like it a lot. Do share your experience with us in the comments section.
Thank You..! Have A Healthy Day..! 🙂