Hey Foodies…!! How you all are…?? I hope everyone is good and healthy. Friends, Holi is coming, the festival of colours and it is incomplete without thandai. Thandai is a refreshing Indian cold drink made with a mixture of almonds, fennel seeds, cardamom powder, saffron leaves, sugar, black pepper, melon seeds, milk, etc. I will tell you easiest way of making thandai.
Not only at the time of Holi, this is a great drink to serve during summers due to it’s cooling effect as the name itself tells “Thandai”. There are many thandai available in the market but no one can beat the taste of the homemade one.
So, today I will tell you how to make “Thandai Powder” and the speciality of it is that you can store it and can make instantly whenever you wants to drink thandai. During festivals, we have lot of work to do and if you can lessen your work then why not…? If you will make this “Thandai Powder” before only then you can make it instantly in just one minute at the time of Holi.
Friends, Welcome to my kitchen and let’s start to make “Thandai Powder”…
INGREDIENTS WE NEED…
- Fennel Seeds (Thirty Gram)
- Black Pepper (Five Gram)
- Sugar (100 Gram)
- Almonds (Sixty Gram)
- Pistachio (Thirty Gram)
- Melan Seeds (Thirty Gram)
- Cardamom Powder (Ten Gram)
- Saffron Leaves
THANDAI POWDER RECIPE….
- Firstly take thirty gram of fennel seeds in a grinder jar then add five gram of black pepper.
- Now take 100 gram of sugar and add three to four spoon of sugar from it in the grinder jar.
- Grind them all and make a fine powder of them. Then strain the powder in a bowl with the help of strainer.
- Some pieces will be there so again add them in the grinder jar and add two-three spoon of sugar. Again grind them well and again strain the powder. (Some pieces of fennel seeds remains ungrinded so keep them aside and use it for making fresh thandai)
- Now take sixty gram of almonds in a grinder jar then add thirty gram of pistachios, thirty gram of melon seeds, ten gram of cardamom powder, three to four spoon of sugar.
- Grind all of them nicely and make a fine powder of them also. Then strain the powder in the same bowl with the help of strainer.
- Some pieces will be there so again add them in the grinder jar and add all the remaining sugar from 100 gram of sugar and grind them well and again strain the powder.
- Mix both the types of powder well with each other and then add some saffron leaves and mix them nicely.
- Our “Thandai Powder” is ready. Now store it.
FOR MAKING THANDAI:
- Take one glass of milk and add three spoons of “Thandai Powder” and mix it well.
- Now add some ice cubes and our delicious Thandai is ready to serve.
Guys, Isn’t it easiest way of making Thandai..?? It is very tasty and you all should try it atleast once. You can add sugar and other ingredients as per your taste. You can add finely chopped dryfruits in the thandai from above to make it more tasty. When you will serve to your guests then they will surely compliment you for the homemade delicious thandai and for the efforts also.
If you like the recipe then share it with your near and dear ones. Share your experience with us in the comments section.
Thank You..! Have A Wonderful Day..! 🙂