Hello Foodies..! Basant Panchami is near by and everyone makes Basanti Rice at their homes. So, today I will tell you the quick recipe of Basanti Rice. Basant Panchami is celebrated all over the India. People wear yellow clothes as mustard flowers bloom and this is the reason Basand Panchami is associated with yellow colour. These are sweet saffron rice that everyone loves to eat. It works as a sweet dish also. I will tell you it’s recipe in pressure cooker. It is really very simple to make Basanti Rice and you will prepare them without much efforts.
So friends, make these Basanti Rice following my recipe on this Basant Panchami and I am sure you will like them a lot. So, Welcome to my kitchen and let’s start the recipe..
INGREDIENTS WE NEED..
- Rice (Two Bowl)
- Saffron Leaves
- Dryfruits (Cashew And Raisins)
- Turmeric Powder
- Cardamom Powder
BASANTI RICE RECIPE…
- Firstly take two bowl of rice, clean them and wash them properly.
- Then soak them in water for half an hour. After half an hour, remove the water from the rice.
- Now add some leaves of saffron in luke warm milk and let them soak for fifteen to twenty minutes.
- Keep a pressure cooker on gas and pour one spoon of ghee in it. When ghee gets heated then add rice in the cooker.
- Stir them once and then add turmeric powder. Mix them well. (You can add edible yellow colour also if you don’t want to add turmeric powder)
- Keep on stirring them and roast them till they stops sticking to cooker. When they are not sticking to cooker then add cashew and raisins. Mix them well.
- Now add two bowls of water and mix them nicely. (Use the same bowl for adding water that we used for measuring rice)
- Then add saffron milk as it gives very good colour and flavour, then little cardamom powder and four spoon of sugar.
- Mix all of them nicely and close the cooker. Let one whistle come and when one whistle comes then turn off the gas and let the pressure out itself.
- When the pressure is out then open the cooker and you will see very good rice has got ready.
- Add little ghee from above and mix them nicely. So, our tasty Basanti Rice are ready to serve.
Guys, see how mouthwatering these rice are looking. Enjoy them with your family members. You can add dryfruits as per your choice and add sugar according to your taste. By roasting rice in the starting helps to make them non sticky. So, it’s a important tip that you have to follow while making these Basanti Rice otherwise your rice will stick to each other and won’t give good taste.
Follow the measurement and process carefully an you will make best Basanti Rice. Serve them to your guests and I am sure you will get lot of compliments for making such a perfect rice. Not only at the time of Basant Panchami, you can make them anytime whenever you wants to eat them. Small kids will love them a lot due to the sweet taste.
Give a try to my recipe and if you like the recipe then share is with your friends and family. Don’t forget to tell us your views about the recipe in the comments section.. Share the images of rice with us..
Thank You..! Have A Great Day..! 🙂