Hello Foodies..! Today I have the recipe of snack that is made without oil and yeast. Most of the people do not like eating oily food. So, this recipe is for them and it is very tasty. So friends today I will tell you the recipe of “Appam” and I have made special chutney with it. This is a perfect combination. Appam is a South Indian pancake dish and it is a famous breakfast in Kerala. It is made with fermented rice and coconut milk but I will tell you it’s recipe with semolina.
It is a quick and easy recipe. You don’t have to do much efforts to make these appam. Kids will love them and you can make for then whenever they demands to eat appam. So friends, Welcome to my kitchen and let us start the recipe..
INGREDIENTS WE NEED..
- Roasted Peanuts (Half Cup)
- Roasted Chickpeas (Half Cup)
- Ginger (One Piece)
- Green Chilli (Two)
- Salt- As per taste
- Lemon Juice (One And A Half Spoon)
- Oil (One Spoon)
- Mustard Seeds (Half Spoon)
- Curry Leaves (10-15)
- Semolina (One Cup)
- Sugar (One Spoon)
- Curd (Three-Fourth Cup)
- Baking Soda(One-Fourth Spoon)
- Firstly we will make chutney. So take half cup of roasted peanuts and add them in a grinder jar.
- Then add half cup of roasted chickpeas, ginger piece by cutting it, two green chillies by cutting them, salt as per taste and little water.
- Grind all of them and prepare a smooth chutney. Take it out in a bowl and then add one and a half spoon of lemon juice and mix it well.
- Now we will give tadka to the chutney. So, keep tadka pan on gas and pour one spoon of oil and let it heat.
- When oil gets heated then add half spoon of mustard seeds and let them roast. When they gets roasted then add ten to fifteen curry leaves and let them roast.
- When they gets roasted then spread this tadka over chutney and mix it well, So, our tasty chutney is ready.
- Now we will make appam. For it take one cup of semolina in a grinder jar and then add one spoon of sugar, salt as per taste, three-fourth cup of curd and then three-fourth cup of water.
- Grind all of them and thin batter will get ready and we want that consistency only. Then add one-fourth spoon of baking soda and then again grind it so that perfect batter can get ready.
- Keep a pan on gas and let it heat. When it gets medium hot then pour one and a half spoon of batter at the center and then leave it. (Don’t make the pan highly hot)
- It will make bubbles and when it gets dry then take it out in a plate.
- Same way make other appam and then serve them with tasty chutney that we have prepared.
So guys, this is our appam with special chutney.. Keep in mind that as soon as you prepare batter, make this snack immediately otherwise good appam will not get ready. Enjoy them with your family members at the time of breakfast..These are healthy also as oil is not used for preparing them.
Friends, give a try to this recipe then share your experience with us.. If you like the recipe then share it with your friends and family. Do tell us your views and suggestion about the recipe in the comments section.. Share the images of appam with us..
Thank You..! Have A Healthy Day..! 🙂